This course aims to educate general dentists in the foundations of surgical principles and dental implant surgery.
Starting with the foundations of surgical, CBCT interpretation, and dental implant surgery, this course is designed to the general dentist who has placed 0-25 implants, so that they may deliver predictable care to their patients. On the third day, course attendees will use their acquired knowledge and skills to plan and perform dental implant surgery on live patients.
Doctors are encouraged to bring their staff member(s) who will be primarily responsible for assisting in implant surgical and restorative cases.
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will:
- Understand the fundamentals of safe surgery and implantology.
- Be familiar with atraumatic extraction techniques and ridge preservation.
- Understand the concept of prosthetically based implant planning to determine the proper position and orientation of each implant ﬁxture for ideal restoration.
- Become familiar with using CBCT software to plan implant surgery and how to order a surgical guide.
- Have a hands-on experience using the Neoss implant system, standard and guided, surgery kits to comfortably place implants accurately and efficiently using freehand or custom surgical guides.
- Understand which cases are appropriate to tackle and which cases are best to do in collaboration with a surgical specialist.
- Be comfortable with discussing implant surgery with patients and comfortable with discussions of post-operative management to assure success after surgery.
Jay Reznick, DMD, MD is the Director of the Southern California Center for Oral and Facial Surgery in Tarzana, California and a Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. A frequent lecturer, he has published numerous articles in JADA, Journal of the California Dental Association, Oral Surgery-Oral Medicine-Oral Pathology and Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry, DentalTown Magazine, CE Digest and Gastroenterology. Dr. Reznick has extensive clinical expertise in the areas of facial trauma, jaw and oral pathology, dental implantology, sleep disorder medicine, laser surgery, and jaw deformities. He was an early practitioner in the integration of digital photography and 3-D imaging in clinical practice.
Full refund over 60 days from event minus $25 administrative fee. Refund 50% 30-60 days from event. No refunds, cancellations, or transfers under 30 days from event.
Approved PACE Program Provider FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. 09/01/2020 to 08/31/2022. Provider ID# 371806